Tuesday, March 16, 2010

bored

I remember the last time I was bored it was about three months ago. I stomped around the room feeling really angry that I had nothing to do. I was bored of malls and coffee shops, so didn't want to go out. I had read all my books and nothing was on TV. I had surfed the internet reading every blog on every subject I am interested in. I had listened to TED talks and read every status on Facebook. I really had nothing to do. It rarely happens and hasn't happened since. I love having my mind flooded with ideas. I hate to stop reading, watching and listening, to feel like I have run out.

On the flip side I hate that feeling of having so much to do you don't know where to start and each thing is butting into your mind reminding you it needs attention when you are trying to concentrate on one thing at at time. I actually feel nauseous thinking about getting all these things done. Getting all these books read and assignments written. Doing two OU 60 point courses at once – pretty intense. Doing that while Home educating two children, driving four children around the city to their various events and trying to keep up with my friends, so they don't think I've become a total swot- well that is seriously intense.

So why am I here writing this not working? Procrastination; the whole reason I started my blog in the first place. Seriously it helps my overloaded brain when I do something totally different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a mum of 4 living and learning with my kids as we adjust to a new life in a sandy city in the middle east. K is my lets see what crazy thing we can do next husband.