Monday, March 22, 2010

Amateur

I'm such an amatuer when it comes to blogging. I need to learn so much. I'm not linked anywhere. I can't understand how to get badges and such like on my page. Everyone else has such pretty templates, do they make them? I can't even get my pictures how I want them. I am terrified of anything called 'code'. Is it easy to put up a video? What is twitter all about?

Do I have the time to learn all this? Do real bloggers write their posts in an exercise pad before typing them up? (I've only done this once but even so).

Why am I having a crisis about the state of my blog a couple of months ago I didn't even have one?

I was inspired by Caroline as I thought what great memories she is recording for herself writing about the kids education. It seems I'm not that good about talking about the children. Some mummy blogger. I'm not much of an expat blogger either as I don't give any useful or interesting info on living in the UAE. I am thinking of a series of blogs about my desire to become a writer and about writing in general. An author blog by someone who rarely writes on their blog and has a writing career of half a novel, 8 poems and a few staus updates on facebook. Hmmm!

Watch this space... alternatively this flurry of activity ould be just more TMA Avoidance (it's due 1st of April) and all will go quiet again.

3 comments:

  1. Here's how to get links INTO your post... Highlight my name in the edit page and then click on the 'link' at the top of the box. Open my blog too (on a new tab if you can do that) and then copy the URL (that's the website address) ~ or just take it from here ; (www.frogacademy.blogspot.com) then past the address into the little 'enter URL' box that you can see. Now when people get to the word 'Caroline' in your post it is highlighted AND links to my blog :D ~ Happy ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Code is not that scary and getting things on your blog is simply an exercise in cutting and pasting really!!

    Do you have a PC (as opposed to a MAC)? If you do download livewriter ; http://download.live.com/writer?wa=wsignin1.0
    and link that into your blog. It's like writing on your blog, but you can do loads more with your pictures using it, like put pretty frames around them and stuff!

    In regards to templates it's much easier than it seems. Just find one you like. Click on the download button and make sure you remember where it went. You might need to also unzip it (click it and select to unzip all). Then head into your blogger dashboard. Click on the 'layout' option for your blog. Now go to the 'edit HTML' tab at the top of that page. Next click on the box that says 'choose file' and point it to that one you just downloaded (the unzipped file that is an XML document). Click on it and then select 'upload' ~ now the code for your blog is changed :D If you select the blue 'preview' button towards the bottom you will see how it looks now :D Make sure you do this before you hit 'save template' because if you don't like it or it doesn't work for any reason, you can just 'clear edits' and you are back to where you began - nothing changed. If you like it of course you 'save template' and dunnah! Done ~ new design!! :D

    CHECK OUT ; http://btemplates.com/
    & http://www.deluxetemplates.net/ for templates. There are tonnes of others (just google blogger templates) but that's a start! :D

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Caroline- I am going to enjoy messing around. You just reminded me. what's the worst that can happen? I just need to experiment and try.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a mum of 4 living and learning with my kids as we adjust to a new life in a sandy city in the middle east. K is my lets see what crazy thing we can do next husband.